Aloo Warrian Curry (Potato and Wadi Curry)
Potato- one big, peeled and cut into small pieces
Onion- one big, finely chopped
Tomato- one medium, finely chopped
Green chilies- 2-3, finely chopped
Coriander leaves , finely chopped
Ginger paste- 2 tbsps
Garlic paste – 2 tbsps
Garam masala-¼ tsp
Coriander powder- 1tsp
Turmeric powder(Haldi) – ¼ tsp
Red chili powder to taste
Asafoetida (Heeng)- a pinch
Urad dal warrian (Wadi) : 2 -3
Salt to taste
- Fry urad dal warrian and dip them in water.
- Fry potatoes pieces till slightly brown and keep them aside.
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker and fry onions till dark brown.
- Add ginger-garlic paste and fry well.
- Make a paste of all dry masalas; coriander powder, turmeric powder, red chili powder, heeng and salt.
- Cook masalas properly.
- Add tomatoes and fry till oil separates out.
- Add urad dal warrian.
- Add water depending upon the consistency of gravy you wish. Pressure cook the curry.
- Sprinkle garam masala . Mix well.
- Garnish with finely chopped coriander and enjoy with puri or paratha or phulkas.
Possibly Related Posts (Generated Automatically)
- Baigan Wadi (Brinjal Warrian)
- Lauki ki Sabji (Opo Squash or Bottle Guard Curry) with Wadi
- Aloo Gobhi Masala (Spicy Potato Cauliflower)
- Chatpata Aloo Pakoda (Spicy Potato Puffs)
- Aloo and Gobhi Paratha (Potato and Cauliflower Parathas)
You might also like
|Lauki ki Sabji (Opo Squash or Bottle Guard Curry) with Wadi Most of the people, especially kids don't like lauki, as its preparation is quite simple. In this recipe...||Baigan Wadi (Brinjal Warrian) Ingredients: Baingan (Eggplant / Brinjal) – 200 gm, cut into small pieces Ginger paste- 2 tbsps Garlic...||Aloo Gobhi Masala (Spicy Potato Cauliflower) Ingredients: Potatoes (medium in size) : 3, peeled and chopped into small cubes Cauliflower:...||Cheesy Potato Balls Ingredients: Potato, peeled and grated: ½ cup Cottage cheese (Paneer), grated : 3∕4 cup Black...|