Aloo Methi Sabji (Potatoes with Fenugreek leaves)
Aloo Methi sabji is simple yet delicious. People love the distinguishing flavor of fenugreek leaves. Aloo methi goes well with parathas and roti.
Potatoes: 4 medium sized, peeled and cut into small pieces
Fresh fenugreek leaves (methi) : 2 bunches
Turmeric powder(Haldi)- ½ tsp
Garlic cloves: 1 tsp, crushed
Red chili powder as per taste
Salt as per taste
- Wash methi thoroughly. Remove roots and finely chop the leaves and tender stems.
- Those who do not like the bitter taste of methi they can rub these leaves with salt and after 10 minutes can squeeze out all water. This step is optional as some people like methi as they are and might like to restore the bitterness of methi.
- Heat oil in kadhai.
- Add chopped garlic and brown them.
- Fry cut potatoes and methi leaves.
- Add turmeric powder, red chili powder and salt as per taste.
- Add very little water and cover the lid. Cook on medium flame.
- Water added should be less because we don’t want potatoes to become mushy. Steam formed with little quantity of water will cook potatoes and methi leaves.
- Stir the sabji time to time till potatoes are done.
Note: If you are out of fresh methi leaves then you can go ahead with this recipe by using Kasuri methi (dried fenugreek leaves).
Serves/makes : 3-4
Possibly Related Posts (Generated Automatically)
- Dry Baingan Aloo Ki Sabji (Dry Eggplant With Potatoes)
- Aloo – Baigan Ka Bharta (Spicy Mashed Brinjal and Potatoes)
- Methi Thepla
- Aloo Dhania
- Paneer Kasoori Methi
You might also like
|Dry Baingan Aloo Ki Sabji (Dry Eggplant With Potatoes) This is one of the simple preparation of brinjal or eggplant. The use of panch phoran in this recipe...||Methi Thepla Ingredients: Whole wheat flour (Atta): 1 cup Gram flour (Besan) : 3 tbsps Fresh chopped methi...||Lauki ki Sabji (Opo Squash or Bottle Guard Curry) with Wadi Most of the people, especially kids don't like lauki, as its preparation is quite simple. In this recipe...||Lauki ki Sabji (Opo Squash or Bottle Guard Curry) Bottle gourd or Opo squash or lauki or dudhi is one of the favorite vegetables in Indian cuisine and...|