Aloo Methi Sabji (Potatoes with Fenugreek leaves)
Aloo Methi sabji is simple yet delicious. People love the distinguishing flavor of fenugreek leaves. Aloo methi goes well with parathas and roti.
Potatoes: 4 medium sized, peeled and cut into small pieces
Fresh fenugreek leaves (methi) : 2 bunches
Turmeric powder(Haldi)- ½ tsp
Garlic cloves: 1 tsp, crushed
Red chili powder as per taste
Salt as per taste
- Wash methi thoroughly. Remove roots and finely chop the leaves and tender stems.
- Those who do not like the bitter taste of methi they can rub these leaves with salt and after 10 minutes can squeeze out all water. This step is optional as some people like methi as they are and might like to restore the bitterness of methi.
- Heat oil in kadhai.
- Add chopped garlic and brown them.
- Fry cut potatoes and methi leaves.
- Add turmeric powder, red chili powder and salt as per taste.
- Add very little water and cover the lid. Cook on medium flame.
- Water added should be less because we don’t want potatoes to become mushy. Steam formed with little quantity of water will cook potatoes and methi leaves.
- Stir the sabji time to time till potatoes are done.
Note: If you are out of fresh methi leaves then you can go ahead with this recipe by using Kasuri methi (dried fenugreek leaves).
Serves/makes : 3-4
You might also like