Aloo Gobhi Matar
Aloo Gobhi Matar is an north Indian dish made up of potatoes, cauliflower and peas cooked in tomato sauce and spices. This can be served as a side dish.
Potato : one, medium, peeled and cut into small pieces
Cauliflower(Gobhi) florets : ½ cup
Green peas(matar) : ½ cup, boiled
Tomato : one, medium, finely chopped
Onions : One, medium, finely chopped
Coriander : finely chopped
Green chilies : 1 tsp
Carrots : ¼ cup, cut into small pieces
Cumin seeds (Zeera): ½ tsp
Turmeric powder (Haldi) : ¼ tsp
Coriander powder (Dhania) : 1 tsp
Cumin powder : ½ tsp
Mango powder (Khatai) : ½ tsp
Garam masala : ¼ tsp
Ginger paste : 1 tbsp
Garlic paste :1 tbsp
Red chili powder to taste
Salt to taste
Oil for cooking
- Heat oil in kadhai.
- Add zeera and let it crackle.
- Fry all chopped vegetables like; potatoes, cauliflower florets, carrots and pre-boiled peas till they are completely cooked.
- Keep the fried vegetables aside.
- Again heat some oil in kadhai.
- Add chopped green chilies.
- Add chopped onions and cook till they are golden brown.
- Add ginger garlic paste and fry till it turns brown.
- Add masalas like; coriander powder, red chilli powder and turmeric powder. Fry for a minute.
- Add chopped tomatoes and cook till it completely softens. Add salt at this stage and cover the lid. Keep stirring in between.
- After you get a thick gravy add pre- fried vegetables and mix well in the gravy.
- Add garam masala, zeera powder and mango powder.
- Garnish the sabji with chopped coriander leaves and serve with either roti or paratha or dal-rice.
Possibly Related Posts (Generated Automatically)
- Aloo Gobhi Masala (Spicy Potato Cauliflower)
- Aloo and Gobhi Paratha (Potato and Cauliflower Parathas)
- Matar Paneer (Peas and Cheese Curry)
- Patta Gobhi Ki Sabji (Cabbage Vegetable)
- Vegetable Cutlet
You might also like
|Aloo Gobhi Masala (Spicy Potato Cauliflower) Ingredients: Potatoes (medium in size) : 3, peeled and chopped into small cubes Cauliflower:...||Aloo and Gobhi Paratha (Potato and Cauliflower Parathas) Ingredients: Potatoes: 2 medium sized, boiled and mashed Cauliflower...||Patta Gobhi Ki Sabji (Cabbage Vegetable) Patta gobhi ki sabji is very easily made and is part of everyday menu. Serve it with hot chapatis/paranthas. ...||Nimona or Godila (Pea Paste Curry) Ingredients: Green peas (Matar) - 250 gm Bay leaves (Tejpatta) - 3-4, small Heeng (Asfoetida)...|