Aloo and Gobhi Paratha (Potato and Cauliflower Parathas)
Potatoes: 2 medium sized, boiled and mashed
Cauliflower : 2-3 cup, grated
Ginger paste –2 tsps
Onion- one small, very finely chopped
Green chilies – 3-4
Cumin seeds (Zeera powder)- ½ tsp
Coriander leaves – 2-3 tbsps
Asfoetida (heeng) : 2 to 3 pinches
Red chili powder to taste
Roasted cumin (Zeera) seed powder- ½ tsp
Whole wheat flour (Atta)- 2-3 cups
Salt to taste
- Add some salt to grated cauliflower and after 15 or 20 minutes squeeze out all water .
- Heat some oil in kadai.
- Add cumin seeds and let it crackle.
- Add finely chopped green chillies. Fry for a minute.
- Add onions and fry till pink.
- Add ginger paste and fry few minutes.
- Add red chili, heeng and salt.
- Add grated cauliflower and fry till it dries up.
- Reduce the flame and add mashed potatoes.
- Mix vegetable mixture well.
- Add roasted zeera powder.
- Add finely chopped coriander leaves.
- Let the mix cool down at room temperature.
- Combine the mix in atta and make dough out of it. Very little orno water would be required to knead the dough. Adjust the salt.
- Then take a small ball of dough and roll it into a paratha.
- Cook them on tawa by applying oil until both sides are evenly brown.
- Serve hot with curd or chutney.
Note : Instead of kneading the mix in atta you can also use mix as stuffing.
Serves/makes : 2-3
You might also like